Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nostalgia.

This time of year always has me thinking about my family, where I come from and how it/they have made me who I am today. Holidays can be particularly lonely and depressing when we think about the family that maybe hasn't always been there, loved ones that have faded into the dark. For myself, I am happy to know that the family I have, as small as it may be, as crazy as it may be, loves me unconditionally. They may fall in and out of our lives, but that doesn't mean they can't hold a special place in our hearts.

With these thoughts in my mind, I looked back to a silkscreen piece I had done last year about family. There has always been a missing link and a lot of confusion connected to it. I haven't seen my dad in 7 years, but on Christmas Day I did. It brought me back to that feeling of nostalgia.
Bittersweet. Complicated, yet clear. Intense and at ease.

No comments: