Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hair Art

I have always enjoyed creating artwork out of various materials. Sometimes I wish I was able to stick to just one medium, but that is not who I am....

Recently I began sewing some art for my hair. I think it started because I wanted a way to spruce up my wardrobe without really spending too much money. I found some really colorful felt made from recycled plastic bottles! The colors were bright and felt is so easy to work with.

I'm going to start adding these art pieces into my etsy shop over the next few days. I just did a photoshoot and have loads of pics to sort through.

Here is a fascinator/side headband in b&w:

2 comments:

Chris said...

hey, I hope the sale went well? This is really cute!

Strawberry People said...

Well, I never sold one! I'm not sure what it is...price? style? but I'll keep plugging along! I appreciate your feedback. I'm going to put them up for sale again soon!